We're Building A Better Tri-State Together
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

House Fire Displaces Residents


Three people were forced from their home after a fire in Evansville. 

Firefighters were dispatched to 1003 Edgar Street just before 10:00 Sunday morning.

In a release, EFD Division Chief Mike Larson said the first crews on the scene saw smoke coming from the roof.

Larson said firefighters found a small smoldering fire in the insulation of the home’s attic.

He said crews extinguished the fire in about 10 minutes.

Larson said the cause of the fire was determined to be electrical.

Damage was minimal and no one was injured, but the three occupants were displaced until electrical service could be restored.