Deaconess Opening COVID-19 Testing Site
You now have a way to get tested in Evansville with less risk for yourself or others.
Deaconess announced Tuesday afternoon that they’re opening a drive-through testing site for COVID-19.
However, it’s not for everyone.
In a release, the hospital gave the following criteria to be considered for testing:
- - Symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- - Known exposure to anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- - A travel history to any high risk country in the past 14 days, or air or cruise travel in the last 7 days
- - Multiple family or close contacts with similar respiratory symptoms (testing only the person who has been sick the longest)
- - Respiratory symptoms greater than 5 days, negative influenza, and worsening symptoms
The only way to be authorized for the Deaconess drive-through COVID-19 testing is by getting an order from Deaconess through their nurse triage line.
If you think you should be tested, you can call the Deaconess 24 hour nurse triage line, where you will be screened and given an order and directions for testing if needed. That number is 812-450-6555.