We're Building A Better Tri-State Together
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
Available On Air Stations

Apt. Fire Displaces Residents, Warehouse Flares

Steve Burger

It was a busy Thursday evening for Evansville firefighters

Evansville firefighters battled an apartment fire and a flare up at the Garvin St. Warehouse Thursday night. WNIN’s John Gibson reports:

Crews responded to the apartment fire at 900 N. Lafayette Ave. at about 9:30 p.m.

Residents were able to escape the flames, but six people were displaced.

There was no word of any injuries. Also, no word on how the fire started.

Before the apartment fire, firefighters were called back to the Garvin St. Warehouse at Garvin and Tennessee nearly two weeks after a blaze destroyed much of the complex.

Crews have been called back several times to extinguish flare-ups from the New Year’s Eve fire.

They quickly extinguished Thursday evening’s flames.

Authorities ruled the original blaze started in an office area and was caused by an electrical accident.