We're Building A Better Tri-State Together
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Officials: Natural Gas Caused Princeton Blast

Princeton Area Firefighters Union Local 1634

Two were burned in Tuesday's house explosion

Officials say natural gas caused a house explosion that injured two people in Princeton. WNIN’s John Gibson reports:

Tuesday’s blast on Hart St. near Clark St. demolished the upper story of a two-story house that had been divided into apartments.

The Princeton fire department says its investigators and the state fire marshal’s office determined it was a natural gas explosion.

Maintenance crews were reported working on a furnace in the house when the blast occurred.

The two patients were transported to local hospitals with burns.