Fire in Attached Garage Displaces 4 People, Pets
The homeowner said he had been welding in the garage
An early morning fire chased four people from their Evansville home. WNIN’s John Gibson reports:
Firefighters were dispatched to 1668 Koch Ave. for a blaze in an attached garage at 2:45 Tuesday morning.
EFD Division Chief Mike Larson says the occupants were awakened by their dogs barking and the sound of spray cans exploding. They escaped without injury.
Larson said it took firefighters about 25 minutes to completely extinguish the fire due to the number of items stored in the garage.
The Red Cross was notified to assist 4 adults and pets who were displaced.
Center Point Energy disconnected the electrical service due to the amount of damage.
This fire is under investigation but the owner told the investigator that he had been doing some welding and grinding operations before turning in for the night.