Washington man faces charges after drug investigation
A Washington, Indiana man faces ten criminal charges after an investigation into illegal drug activity by Indiana State Police.
A release from ISP says numerous types of narcotics and firearms were recovered following the arrest of 38-year-old Steven Lyford of Washington. Lyford faces charges of dealing methamphetamine, possession of heroin and possessing a stolen firearm. He was taken to the Daviess County Detention Center.
During the search, officers were able to find an estimated 14 grams of methamphetamine, approximately 17 grams of marijuana, small amounts of heroin and morphine, and 31 firearms. Of the guns seized, one handgun was entered into computers as stolen through Knox County, Indiana. Officers later learned that Lyford had in fact been dealing methamphetamine.
Lyford was transported to the Daviess County Security Center, without incident.
Arrested and Charges:
Steven W. Lyford, 38
- Dealing Methamphetamine, Level 2 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine over 10 grams, Level 4 Felony
- Possession of Heroin, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Marijuana, Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia, Class C Misdemeanor
- Possession of a Stolen Firearm, Level 6 Felony
- Neglect of a Dependent, Level 5 Felony
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Level 6 Felony
- False Informing, Class A Misdemeanor