We're Building A Better Tri-State Together
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Dog Rescued, Residents Displaced in Duplex Fire

Crawford, Jeffrey N

The kitchen fire on Adams Ave. was ruled accidental

Evansville firefighters rescued a dog during a duplex fire that displaced residents on the city’s East Side. WNIN’s John Gibson has details:

The fire broke out Friday night at 2525 Adams Ave.

EFD Division Chief Mike Larson says the first crew on the scene reported smoke coming from the two-story structure, and the human occupants had gotten out.

Larson said the family dog was rescued from the basement and treated on the scene.

Firefighters found the fire in a kitchen and extinguished it in less than 20 minutes.

Larson said the blaze heavily damaged the kitchen and the occupants were displaced.

The Red Cross was notified to assist them.

No injuries were reported and CenterPoint responded to assist with utilities.

Larson said the fire was accidental, caused by cooking.