We're Building A Better Tri-State Together
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Apartment Fire Displaces Residents

Crawford, Jeffrey N

The blaze damaged the two-story building at 501 E. Michigan St.

An apartment fire in Evansville displaced a number of residents. WNIN’s John Gibson reports:

Crews responded to the blaze at 501 E. Michigan St. Friday night.

EFD Division Chief Mike Larson says crews found smoke at the rear of the two-story structure with four apartments.

He says crews broke open the ceiling and found charring caused by electrical wiring.

Larson says the fire was quickly extinguished and electrical service was shut off.

There were no injuries but the occupants were displaced.

The Red Cross was notified to assist.

The fire was determined to be accidental.