We're Building A Better Tri-State Together
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

House Fire Sends One to Hospital

EFD.jpg
File
/

People, dogs escaped the blaze on Pollack Ave.

Three people and several pets escaped a fire on Evansville’s southeast side early Thursday. WNIN’s Sarah Kuper has more:

Shortly after midnight, a resident of 3100 Pollack Avenue called 9-1-1 to report a fire. A few minutes later Evansville Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the house. They found flames in the kitchen and according to a release, firefighters put out the fire quickly.

Three people and four dogs escaped the fire. One person was taken to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation and another had a minor burn but refused treatment.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents and officials are calling the cause of the blaze accidental.