One Injured in West Side House Fire
Occupant inhaled smoke trying to put out the fire
One person was injured in an early morning house fire on Evansville’s West Side. WNIN’s John Gibson has details:
Firefighters were dispatched to the home at 2204 W. Virginia just before 4:00 Tuesday morning.
EFD Division Chief Mike Larson said firefighters arrived in three minutes and reported flames visible.
Larson said crews made an aggressive interior attack and the fire was considered extinguished in about 15 minutes.
The three occupants escaped under their own power but one was transported to a hospital for smoke inhalation after making several attempts to put out the fire.
Larson said the fire damaged the home’s upstairs and water damaged the lower level.
He said two occupants reported a candle was in use and that’s what started the fire.
The Red Cross was contacted to assist the occupants.