We're Building A Better Tri-State Together
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

How to Report a Street Light Outage in Evansville


Outages should now be reported to City Engineer Office

There’s a new way to report issues with neighborhood street lights in Evansville. WNIN’s Sarah Kuper has more on how the city has taken over the process:

While CenterPoint Energy powers much of the street lights, it is the City of Evansville Engineer’s Office that should be notified about outages.

Officials say residents should send an email with the location of the outage to streetlights.out@evansville.in.gov

However, if the issue has to do with trees or shrubs obstructing the light, CenterPoint is responsible for necessary trimming. If the tree needs to be removed entirely, it is the City Arborist who must be contacted.

Officials say residents can request a new street light by contacting the City Engineer’s Office but there is only a small allotment for extra lights and, according to a release, lighting in places like alleyways is the lowest priority and they are rarely installed.